Saturday, October 16, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SNOW! FIRST DAY OF SNOW!

So if you are not a big fan of snow, Calgary is the wrong city to be living in. We've had snow more than we've had sunny and hot days. SERIOUSLY! Before summer (if you can actually call it summer), we had snow storms in May. Summer wasn't exactly summer with it raining almost everyday or the weather being cold. I don't think we reached 30+ degrees at all. Then September hits and we've been having some nice days even lasting to weeks. But surprise surprise, Calgary gets snow.
Woke up that morning and was totally down seeing snow. But I started to get used to it. I've been sick alot this past month and that day was one of the days where I was actually feeling pretty good. So I bundled Sadie up and off we went into the snow. We didn't stay out very long. I forgot Sadie's boots at Mike's house so all she had were a pair of sneakers and those got wet right away. Poor girl, she still wanted to walk around outside. The snow was just too wet. Some of it stuck but most of it melted once it hit the ground. And by the afternoon, all the snow had melted away and the sun was out shining. That's Calgary for ya.





snack time for Mommy and Sades

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the snow to stay away until after Halloween at least. I'm debating whether or not to take Sadie outside trick or treating or to just stick to the malls during the day and hand out candy in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment