Monday, December 19, 2011

counting down the days

So as much as I love the christmas season, I'm not the biggest fan of running around EVERYWHERE into EVERY store and having to wait in line for what seems to be FOREVER! Let's just say I don't exactly like the days leading to Christmas with all the hustle and bustle. I do, however, love when the day comes. When we can be with our family and loved ones. Well some anyways. This time of year really makes me miss my family and friends back in Winnipeg. But I'm grateful for the family I have here with me. I love just being able to somewhat relax and have fun with the girls, Mike and my mama. I love seeing the look on Sadie's face when she opens a gift and watching her react to it. It cracks us up everytime. This is also Mckenzie's first Christmas. We are so excited and beyond happy that we have her here with us. I love the food my mom cooks (filipino food, yumm) on christmas eve... you can never go wrong with food. And I love the fact that this is the day where Mike isn't working haha. He works so hard and manages to find time for myself and the girls. For that, I am so thankful for all that he does for us each and every day. It makes me so happy to see him just be able to relax for the few days he has off before he returns to chaos a.k.a work. And that's what I look forward to every christmas season. So you can count on me counting down the days till that day is here. I've finished all my christmas shopping and wrapped all the presents. Now to focus on the baking and cleaning before I can finally relax.



Here's a video I came across from a friends facebook page. I love the message it gives. If you like, pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment