Saturday, December 13, 2014

First Annual Christmas Cookie Decorating Party

Every other year, around Christmas time, the kids and I host a little cookie decorating party. It's always been a small thing - Sadie would invite a couple of her friends over and the mama's and I would hang out and help the kids decorate their cookies.

This year, Mike and I talked and thought that we should make this cookie decorating party an annual thing. And so, it was official, our first annual Christmas cookie decorating party. We invited kids from Sadie's class, our neighbors and family friends. The kids had a blast and I'm so happy with how everything turned out.

Our invitation.

The spread.

Hot Chocolate Bar - I made hot chocolate in the crock pot and laid out cookies, candy canes, marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles and you can't forget - after eights. And of course, with hot chocolate, you have to have whipped cream.


With brunch came a Mimosa bar. You should have seen me standing in the liquor store walking around texting on my phone, with no clue of what champagne to buy.  Thank you bestie for helping me out haha.


The cookies. 

And the kids decorating. I figured I'd separate the older kids from the younger ones. Although, still goofy as the young ones, they definitely had their cookie decorating game faces on.


The youngin's at their table.





My little man. He wasn't really interested in decorating and was more interested in the sprinkles. Yes, he ate all that and loved every second of it.

My girlfriend jenny and her little babe. Thanks for your help during this party, mama! xo





A great turn out and more memories made. And lastly, we also encouraged those who were coming to bring a non-perishable food donation for our local food bank. The kids were able to put together five full bags of non-perishables and I couldn't be more proud and happy of the outcome. It isn't too late, don't forget to donate food, unwrapped toys or cash to food banks and toy drives in your community. Let's help make the holidays memorable to not only our friends and family but to those in need as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment