Thursday, November 19, 2009

easy and yummy dinner

So i've been getting into cooking and baking. If you know me, i'm not much of a chef or a baker ... I just don't like to cook or bake. If I do end up doing either of those things, it either turns out burnt, over-cooked or under-cooked.

BUT lately i've been trying my best to be patient with myself and to give this whole cooking and baking thing time... cause that's all it needs, is time. I usually turn up the temp. just to cook/bake everything fast -- I definitely need to practice some patience haha.

Anyways, I really like collecting recipes and trying them out. For dinner yesterday, I tried this really easy and simple recipe. It's called Chicken and Cheese Tostadas.

here's the recipe:

Prep Time:
20 min
Total Time:
20 min
Makes:
6 serving

What You Need!

6 Flour Tortillas
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup water
2 large tomatoes, chopped, divided
2 cups KRAFT FREE Shredded Non-Fat Cheddar Cheese, divided (I used marble cheese)
6 Tbsp. BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro (I didn't have cilantro at home, so I didn't use it.)

Make It!

HEAT oven to 400°F. Place tortillas in single layer on large baking sheet; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. seasoning mix. Bake 7 to 8 min. or until tortillas are crisp and golden brown. (I didn't have cooking spray for my tortillas, so what I used instead was a brush and oil ... and I just brushed a bit of oil onto the tortillas, it worked!)

MEANWHILE, combine chicken, remaining seasoning mix and water in large skillet. Bring to boil on medium-high heat; simmer on medium-low 5 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Add 1-1/2 cups tomatoes; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese.

SPOON chicken mixture onto tortillas; top with remaining ingredients.

THAT EASY!!!! AND IT WAS GOOD!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment