Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolution.

So here are a few of my new years resolution. It's so sad... I have a new list every year and I completely forget about it a month or two later. Not even half the year, but this year is going to be different (I hope). I'm really excited to see what this year will bring. It's a new city (even though, technically i've already been here a year... but I did spend most of this year in Winnipeg rather than here, so doesn't count I guess), new friends, new everything... i'm actually a little too excited :)

So anyways, here it is... my new years resolution 2010:

1. Eat healthy!!!!
- Although, I haven't eaten at a fast food joint in soooo long (ok, i've maybe eaten at a few places once or twice but the only reasons why was because I was travelling. The other, lunch with a friend and our daughters). Eating at home, still doesn't make me eat any healthier. So I am going to TRY my HARDEST to start eating breakfast, lunch and dinner (and maybe fit a snack inbetween). You'd think it should be easy since I have a daughter and I feed her every meal in the day plus a snack that I would be feeding myself at the same time or around the same time. Nope, does not happen like that. I also want to start eating salads. I'm not much of a fan for Salads and so I'm gonna try to have at least one salad per day. Other than that, just start watching what I eat and make sure that it's healthy.

2. SLEEP BETTER!
- I have THE hardest time sleeping and it sucks having a daughter who wakes up at almost the same time you JUST fell asleep. I don't know what I do, but I can not sleep at a normal time. I will usually fall asleep at around 4 or 5 in the morning, wake up at 8 or 9 (brutally tired, might I add) but still go about my day. Then when the evening hits, once I put Sadie down for bed time, I am wide awake and then my sleeping problems begin. I've talked to a couple doctors who have prescribed me these pills to help me sleep. But i'm a little worried to take them because he said they are anti-depressants but will help with my really bad migraines that I get ALL the time and sleeping. I'm still contemplating whether or not to take them though. But here's to hoping for a better sleep schedule.

3. Keep a better Journal.
- I've kept a journal since I was .... 10 or so and i've got a pretty good Journal collection but I have been slacking off this past year with a few entries every now and then. I'm really surprised but I have been a little busy or just completely lazy this year. Ah!

4. Keep a better Journal for Sadie.
- I started a journal for Sadie when she was born about all the little things or big things she's done but barely ever get around to writing in it anymore. I've missed alot of her important days... like her first time standing, first steps etc etc BUT luckily I have a pretty good memory with things like these that I could still write down the date when she did do all these things. Now I just have to be consistent with this.

5. Have more patience with my family.
- I can really be annoyed easily by some of the things they do, even with the littlest things and then my attitude tends to get all sour towards them. I feel bad for acting like that after wards and I've been trying real hard to just try to let things go and not nit pick everyone. Julius had been a good example though. I know he gets annoyed sometimes but barely ever shows it towards us. He is a lot more patient and would really try to avoid arguments by either just walking away and not saying or trying to change the subject or just to just TALK. Things are going good so far.

6. Give Calgary a chance.
- Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE it here but I just miss everyone back home. Like I mentioned earlier, I spent most of this year in Winnipeg. There were good and bad times but I think it's time to finally give Calgary a chance and spend more time here rather than Winnipeg. It's the people who make the difference... all my family and close friends. I just wish they could move here too haha.

7. Meet new people and don't be shy!
- So far, i've met tons of great people. Super nice and super friendly. And I have my brother to thank for that. But this year, I want to meet more new people and develop some new friendships.

8. Not to spend so much time on facebook.
- enough said !

9. EXERCISE!
- I need to get back into shape... I get so out of breath after a flight of stairs... now that's sayin something. Especially to someone who used to dance 4 times a week, volleyball every other day, and also coach.

10. TRY to be fine with a little messiness.
- I like organization and cleanliness. I mean, who doesn't?? But I think I like it a little tooo much where I need everything clean all the time (or most of the time)... But it's hard living with people who aren't so much worried with how clean our place is because there are better things to worry about or something of the other. And having Sadie, things are usually never clean. Toys, food and clothes EVERYWHERE!! I'm starting to just let things be and pick things up after when she's gone down for bed or something. After all, spending time with Sadie is a lot more important than having our place clean clean clean... she's growing up sooo fast, I don't want to miss a minute of it!

So there you have it. My top 10 new years resolution list. I do have more, but most are little things. I'm glad I have this entry to look back on, so I DON'T forget!!!

Happy New Year everyone! Have you made your new years resolution??

No comments:

Post a Comment